This document describes how to upgrade your Easy Forms application from 1.x to 1.*.
If you encounter errors during this process:
- Note any error messages you see (take a screenshot or copy your logs).
- Restore your site to its previous state, using the file and database backups you created before you started the upgrade process. Do not attempt to do further updates on a site that had upgrade problems.
- Contact us via our support page on CodeCanyon.
Note: All directories mentioned in this document are relative to your Easy Forms installation directory.
- Make a full backup of files, directories, and your database before starting, and save it outside your Easy Forms installation directory.
- Remove all old files and directories, except the followings:
config/db.php: Stores the database configuration.
static_files/uploads: Stores files uploaded by your users when they submit their forms.
static_files/images/avatars: Stores your registered users’ avatars.
- Any custom directories and files you added elsewhere.
- If you made modifications to files like
config/params.php, you will need to re-apply them from your backup, after the new files are in place.
- Upload the latest Easy Forms release to your Easy Forms directory, except for the following files and directories:
- Re-apply any modifications to files such as .htaccess or robots.txt or config/params.php.
- Run update script by visiting http://www.example.com/update (replace www.example.com with your domain name). This will update the database tables. But if you are unable to access the update script, do the following:
config/web.phpwith a text editor.
- Find the line that say:
// 'update' => ['class' => 'app\modules\update\Module'],
- Uncomment this line by removing the ‘//’ characters.
'update' => ['class' => 'app\modules\update\Module'],
- Run to the update script.
- Once the update is done, this line must be commented again.
- Try to run to the update script again and make sure that the ‘Page not found’ message is displayed.
- Special Step: To update previous forms to v1.6.6 go to Site Settings -> Performance -> Update Form Builder fields -> Click Update.
And that’s it! The upgrade is now complete. Your upgraded Easy Forms application is now ready to use. Enjoy!
Note: It is always recommended try an upgrade on a test copy of your site before applying it to your live site. Even minor updates can cause your site’s behavior change.